Hexagon is excited to announce the release of Intergraph Smart Instrumentation 13.1, our flagship instrumentation engineering and design solution! Discover how this solution makes it an even better fit for the owners with the As-Built as well as productivity improvements.
Below you will find the key enhancements that will help support and improve engineering and design and operational tasks across the plant life.
• Offline Project Sharing – It is now possible for an owner operator to supply an external contractor a project, without the external contractor gaining access to the OO’s source database. This ability for an owner operator to download quickly and easily a project to a file and forward the file to an external contractor allows for a more efficient way for the external contractor to work, and more importantly, security for the OO knowing that there is no external interaction with their database. When the contractor has finished work on the project, he returns the file where it can be checked before merging it back to the source database.
• New Options for Merging – Two new options have been added to the claim and merge processes in Smart Instrumentation:
* Exclude Specs and Process Data
* Specs and Process Data only
Typically, an owner operator subcontracts projects such as wiring or process data to external contractors. These two new options give the owner operator greater control of how these subcontractors projects are claimed or merged back into the source database.
EPC Project Mode
EPC Projects mode is a new domain type that has been added to Smart Instrumentation that allows for the same functionality as in an owner operator domain: the creation of projects as separate items for different engineering groups to work on when creating new plants and the merging them back to the main EPC project. In the EPC-Projects mode this is known as the Projects Center.
Inactive Cable or Cable-Set
You can now drag and drop an inactive project Cable or Cable-Sets active wires within the Connection window, to create or move a connection.
Intergraph Smart Licensing
The solution is now enabled through Intergraph Smart Licensing (ISL). ISL offers many benefits such as ease of installation, use and administration. It also helps reduce costs by removing the need to maintain a license server. ISL can work from anywhere there is an internet connection and even supports license checkout for offline use.
• For a general information video on ISL, click here.
• For more detailed online training around ISL setup and management, click here.
• For further information please refer to fluid topics at ISL Documentation, click here.
Click here to learn more about Intergraph Smart Instrumentation.
David is the product owner for Intergraph Smart Instrumentation. He works from Hexagon’s PPM division headquarters in Huntsville, Alabama, USA.