Hexagon is excited to announce the release of CAESAR II v12, the industry standard for pipe stress analysis. The new version includes a number of improvements to efficiently build, assess and report on piping systems in accordance with more than 35 international piping code standards and many environmental and equipment guidelines.
Improvements made with our users in mind include:
• CAESAR II 12 made the necessary updates to support the latest editions of ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, and Canadian Z662.
• Save time and money for your piping projects by avoiding unnecessary base material impact testing. For B31.3 pipelines, this new feature for Minimum Design Metal Temperature can help determine that impact testing is not required.
• The Piping Input Toolbar Environment menu has added the new B31.8 Buckling Calculator. This new feature conveniently aids the pipe stress engineer in calculating the strain value to determine buckling and lateral instability values for a pipe element according to B31.8-2018.
• Greater ease of use in areas including the EN-1591 Flanges module, further optimization of graphics, performance improvements of double-click operations, and more!
• Being hosted in the cloud, our new licensing technology can work from anywhere there is an internet connection and even supports license checkout for offline use.
CAESAR II 12 also includes content enhancements for a fifth spring hanger range, the addition of the AISC 2017 structural data, and update of the Russian material database. Functional enhancements include improvements to the Advanced PCF import, the AFT IMPULSE import, and a re-designed friction convergence algorithm improving performance.
Our customers say it best: “CAESAR II has a comprehensive library of major international piping codes. It is easy to install and activate. Plus, the input graphics module made it easy to develop models for analysis,” said Arpit Gupta with Rishabh Engineering.
CAESAR II v12 includes all the tools needed to perform static or dynamic analysis in one environment. For more information about CAESAR II, click here. Ready to upgrade your pipe stress analysis? Talk to one of our experts.
Watch our new CAESAR II 12 Overview video that shows how you will save time and money on your piping projects.
Steven is the product owner for CAESAR II for Hexagon’s PPM division. The Project Management Professional been with the company since 1997 and was educated at North Carolina State University and the Florida Institute of Technology. He works at corporate headquarters in Huntsville, Alabama, USA.