with Joel Holmes, 3DS
Date: December 13, 2016
Time: 10:00AM CDT Click here for your local time
Duration: 30 min
Cost: free eSeminar
As project schedules and budgets continue to get shorter and tighter, automating orthographic drawing production is a key element to increasing productivity and lowering costs. Even in today’s 3D model world, annotated and dimensioned orthographic drawings are one of the best ways to communicate and permanently document critical design and construction information.
OrthoGen streamlines your complex plant design drawing production. You can place and update annotations and dimensions to reflect current model conditions for the volume of the plant defined in a view or series of views.
Automate your drawing generation with OrthoGen. Attend this webinar to learn how OrthoGen can improve your workflow with a variety of functionalities, such as:
- Clipping volumes of model data set and adding annotations in 3D modelspace
- Saving clipped volumes as viewport(s) using OrthoGen’s View Manager
- Delivery with Pre-Defined Drawing Styles
- Defining of the CAD properties and placement properties
- Selection of additional labeling options by entity using the Style Editor
- Configuration of label styles and dimension strings with powerful GUI
- Reporting and defining report formats
- Integration with AutoCAD and CADWorx
- Annotating CADWorx Structure
- Integration with existing CAD environment; details, standards, and block libraries
Joel Holmes is the co-founder of 3DS. Founded in 1996, 3DS provides technical solutions and services in all industries. Joel has more than 30 years of industry experience in CAD and plant design and focuses on providing tools that optimize 3D project execution workflows. Joel is the creator and Product Owner of OrthoGen and provides product development direction for OrthoGen. He has many years of providing technical support, product testing, training & presentations, and product migration.